Linksys PLK300 Powerline AV200 Network Kit

Create a home network, instantly—just plug in this kit’s two Powerline AV
Network Kit and turn your home’s electrical wiring into a high-speed computer
network for your digital devices. Media-optimized HomePlug AV technology offers
performance ideal for HD video, music, gaming and Voice-over-Internet calling.

Easy setup: plug one of these sleek, small Ethernet adapters into an ordinary
wall outlet in every room you want connected—no drilling or extra wiring
required. Quickly network computers, printers, storage drives, Internet modems,
and other Ethernet- enabled digital devices. Just plug in to an adapter and
you’re ready to start communicating and sharing. HomePlug AV technology is
designed to give you fast transmission speeds (in reality, I've seen around 30
Mbps, see the cnet review below for similar results). And do it securely:
optional 128-bit encryption helps keep your data protected and private.

Kit includes everything you need to get started: one single-port adapter and
one 4-port adapter let you connect 4 Ethernet-enabled devices right out of the
box. When you’re ready for more connections, just plug in other adapters
wherever you want them. The single port adapter connects to your router (or
digital modem or computer) and the 4-port adapter connects to 4 devices in
another part of your home or apartment.

I've had great results in using this Powerline kit. I was able to stream videos
off the internet and from my network storage (to computers, game consoles and
Blu-Ray players) with no difficulties--reliable and easy to use. They key to
successfully using Powerline is to not use surge protectors (unless they have
Powerline-specific outlets, like some Monster's products) and make sure that
both adapters are plugged into the same electrical circuit (on the same circuit
breaker panel) with healthy home wiring.

This is a great alternative or compliment to Wi-fi. In our home, we used Wi-fi
for our laptops and used this Powerline system for our home entertainment
center. This way, we could easily use all of our equipment without bandwidth
issues. Powerline is also a great alternative if your home has Wi-fi range
issues or deadspots.

For more info and view the quick install guides or the user's guide, see:
http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/support/powerline/PLE300

cnet.com has a good review and shows real world performance (this is still on
their list of best networking devices):
http://reviews.cnet.com/bridges/linksys-powerline-av-bridge/4505-3304_7-33408458.html

Includes: Powerline AV Network Adapter (PLE300), Powerline AV 4-Port Network
Adapter (PLS300), User Guide on CD-ROM, 2 Ethernet cables, 2 Power cords, 1
Stand, Quick Installation Guide

System requirements: Mac or other device with Ethernet network adapter, AC
power outlet

Compatibility with your hardware and OS/software is not guaranteed

$49, includes USPS Priority Mail shipping to USA addresses (other shipping
methods are negotiable)

Preferred payment is by PayPal (cashiers check or money order OK too)

Shipment after payment received and cleared

Ted Masternak
Dayton, OH  45458
ebay ID: teemaster88