Hi all,

Have two vintage beauties that I would like to offer in trade for a
more modern (and functional) Macbook or Macbook Pro.

PB#1:  17", 1 gig processor, 1.5 gig RAM. Runs well. Typing on it now.
Screen a little wobbly and a couple of scratches on top case.
Condition is overall very good - have seen (and owned) much worse.
Optical drive does not work. Backlit keyboard still works.  60 gig HD.

PB#2: 15", 1.67 processor, 512 RAM. Also works beautifully including
backlit keyboard.  80 gig HD.

I am thinking these two units together ought to fetch a trade value of
somewhere in the $550 range. I would be happy with a Macbook (white or
black), early Macbook Pro or Macbook Air. I do not care about cosmetic
condition too much, and I do not need a functional optical drive. I do
need a flawless display, no history of wonky behavior,  2 gig or more
RAM, and an 80 gig or bigger HD.

Prefer something local in the Chicago metropolitan area but will ship
for the right deal.

Lori Weiner
Highland, IN and Buffalo Grove, IL