I've been waiting long enough, it's about time I finally got a clamshell
iBook G3. It's been my dream computer since I was ten years old, and I've
got enough spare computers lying around that I'm hoping to just do an even
trade. Color, speed, and specs are unimportant, all I really care about is
that it looks good and works well. I'd prefer a FireWire/DVD model, but at
this point I'd be happy with a base model 300mhz Tangerine machine. Some
battery life and AirPort would be nice, but again, not required. I'm really
only interested in a trade (it will help me reduce duplicates in my
collection and keep me from spending much money), but if you've got a
broken model for around $20 shipped I might be interested, after all these
models are more fun to look at than to use these days.

What I've got to trade:

First, the Pismo. This is an extra unit that I put together from parts, so
I'm trying to get rid of it. It isn't the prettiest Pismo around (some
scuffs/non-critical and hard-to-spot stress cracks), but it runs well and
has all the port doors/covers intact. 400mhz, 256mb of RAM, 6gb HD, DVD-ROM
drive, and a dead battery. I don't believe I have a charger to go with it,
but I can check. It uses the same kind of charger as the iBook G3, so if
you prefer you can just keep your charger to use with the Pismo and I can
use the iBook with another charger. I realize that no one will want to do a
direct trade for a 466mhz iBook, but just in case the pros would be double
the maximum RAM, much easier repairs/upgrades, larger/higher resolution
screen, and only a 2-3% loss in performance, according to MacTracker (222
vs. 215, and I'm pretty sure maxing the RAM would eliminate that
performance gap).

Since the Pismo itself probably won't be enough, I've also got a good
working condition (but fair physical condition) PowerBook 1400cs/133.
133mhz, 12 or 16mb of RAM (not positive, it's whatever the standard
built-in RAM was on this model), 1gb hard drive, and a floppy drive. It's
not the prettiest 1400 (it has the all-too-common stress cracks, a broken
latch, a missing BookCover, a crack on the side corner, and one loose hinge
cover above the crack), but it functions well and nothing impairs
usability. Apart from the imperfections it is still a very clean and nice
computer, and all port covers/doors are still there. You can use it to play
vintage games and type on what has to be the all-time greatest laptop
keyboard. It comes with a fresh install of the original bundled software,
which includes OS 8, ClarisWorks, and a few other extras like
an interactive tour. This one is missing the battery, but it does include
the charger (which could also be used with the Pismo).

If you are in Houston, I can also include a 500mhz Power Mac G4 Sawtooth,
but I doubt it would be worth shipping. Let me know if you want to hear the
specs.

I also have some other stuff if those aren't enough, let me know and I can
send a longer list.

So there you have it. If you are willing to trade your clamshell iBook for
any of these (or all if you have something like a mint Key Lime), please
let me know. Also, as I stated I'm only interested in trades right now, I'm
not really interested in buying anything unless it is very, very cheap.

Thanks,
Steven Fowler
eBay ID Obi1kenobi1, 100% positive
Houston, TX 77083

See the list FAQ http://lowendmac.com/lists/swap.html for guidelines on
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LEM
Swap" group.
to lemswap+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.