My father is finally ready to replace his MacBook and is looking for a
relatively recent MacBook Pro. This is going to be used for graphic design
work, so ideal specs would be a Core i5 or better, 4gb of RAM, and a
320gb hard drive, but an older machine would be considered if the price and
specs are right. A 17" screen would be nice, but 15" would be fine (13"
would probably be too small, so at the moment we are only looking for 15"
or larger). The battery should still last at least a few hours under
regular use, and while minor cosmetic imperfections are acceptable it
shouldn't be too beat up. Everything should be in good working condition,
with no malfunctioning components. Something that is still under AppleCare
would be wonderful, but that seems pretty unlikely given his price range.

Target price would be around $800 shipped, although he would also be
willing to throw in his current MacBook as well for someone who wants to
fix it up (2ghz late 2007 model, works pretty well apart from a bad
trackpad cable, dead optical drive, and the usual cracks/chips in the
upper case).

If you think you have something he'd be interested in (or know where we
could find one in his price range) please let me know. The above guidelines
are somewhat flexible, but we are not looking for anything too old since he
will probably be using the computer for at least a few years and will need
it to keep up with Adobe Creative Cloud.

Thanks,
Steven Fowler
eBay ID: obi1kenobi1 (100% positive)
Houston, TX 77083

See the list FAQ http://lowendmac.com/lists/swap.html for guidelines on
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LEM
Swap" group.
to lemswap+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.