I bought this off of the ’Bay thinking I was getting a good monitor at a
bargain price, but of course if it sounds too good to be true…

The long and the short of it is that this monitor *does* function, however
the color temperature of the panel is inconsistent, i.e. sections of the
display are warmer than others (I’ve tried to capture this as best I can in
photos here
<https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pumb1o1pczyvu1c/AACoIDX-l-HP0SinShECrnR3a?dl=0> in
comparison to a "normal" 30" [seen on the right in one of the photos]). For
day-to-day use this actually isn’t a huge problem, but my work requires
color accurate displays, so this just won’t cut it for me.

Physically speaking the screen itself is mint, no scratches to speak of.
The housing is in ok shape—I’d give it a C grade due to some various
scratches, dents, and one prominent ding on the right side that cracked the
acrylic and deformed the aluminum. The acrylic on the left side is also
bulging a bit from the housing, either from some kind of impact or maybe
even a repair (?). Here’s a link to some images
<https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n7dv90804j2a7dv/AADSjxL-6XVYwHaPUhXn7tOOa?dl=0>
that illustrate the various cosmetic maladies—happy to send more upon
request.

Basically this display would be great for someone that wants (in my
opinion) one of Apple’s best HD monitors and is 1) ok with less than
perfectly consistent panel color, and 2) doesn’t mind a few superficial
dings here & there (or alternatively, for someone that would want to part
it out a make a few bucks off of it).

I bought this for just under $200 (again, if it sounds too good…), but am
willing to sell it to someone on the list for $100 shipped (will do less
for local pickup in NYC). Please no low-ball offers—at nearly 40 pounds,
shipping is going to be *at least* half of the asking price. It doesn’t
come with a stand or VESA adapter, but the former sells for $40-60 on
everyone’s favorite auction site, while the latter goes for around $80-100
(should’ve snagged a bunch of these when they were selling for $35 retail,
huh?). I’d be happy to source either of these at cost and install them, but
if you’ve got an Allen wrench set and are even minimally handy it’s a 30
second job. Power supply is of course included.

Jack Curry
Brooklyn, NY 11249

See the list FAQ http://lowendmac.com/2014/lem-swap/
for guidelines on postings, feedback, and dispute resolution. Seller feedback
at http://groups.google.com/group/swap-feedback
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LEM
Swap" group.
to lemswap+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.