Normally I wouldn't list a parts/repair machine here, but the cosmetic
condition is 9.5/10 so I thought I'd offer it here first.

Story (for those who are interested):
This was my Dad's MacBook Pro purchased new from Apple in 2011, extremely
lightly used, never (literally never) left the house. It was a great
machine for 6 years, no issues, then suddenly back in October it started
randomly shutting off. I suspected it might be the GPU issue that affected
a range of MacBook Pros from this era, but sadly even Apple's repair
extension program didn't extend to 6 years. After a couple weeks of
increasing shutdown frequency the MacBook Pro shut down and will no longer
power on. We decided 6 years was a good run and he got a new MacBook Pro
rather than try to repair this one.

You can find factory specs here:
https://everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-i7-2.2-15-late-2011-unibody-thunderbolt-specs.html

Here are the basics:
15" 1440x900 screen
2.2GHz Core i7 quad-core CPU
8GB RAM (upgraded)
500GB HD
8x DL Superdrive

Cosmetic condition:
Outside case is nearly pristine, if there's a scratch anywhere I can't find
it. Rubber feet have almost no wear.
Screen was bright and clear when it still powered on, no scratches or
unevenly-lit areas.
Keyboard has minimal wear, the commonly-used keys look slightly more shiny
than the less commonly-used keys. No lettering is worn off.

Known issues:
I'm pretty sure the logic board is dead due to the known GPU issue that
affected 2011 MacBook Pros.
Battery does not hold a charge (the battery wore out over time due to
frequent cycling and hasn't held a charge since earlier this year).
85W charger is included and works, but the wires are fraying and it is
definitely not a 9.5/10 cosmetically :)
I managed to misplace the 4 hard drive screws when I removed the HD for
data recovery. If I can find them they are included, otherwise I'll try to
find suitable replacements.

If someone has another MacBook Pro with a good logic board but lots of
other broken parts (dropped, smashed screen, etc) this would be a great
recipient.

I'm asking $200 shipped to the CONUS. Paypal preferred.

Stephen Faucette
Butler, PA 16001

See the list FAQ http://lowendmac.com/2014/lem-swap/
for guidelines on postings, feedback, and dispute resolution. Seller feedback
at http://groups.google.com/group/swap-feedback
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LEM
Swap" group.
to lemswap+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.