Addendum:  this post should have read (phone #2) "These are *much* less deep
and noticeable than the first phone”.  This was in reference to the gold
phone’s relatively minor scratches and chips on the bottom edge of the aluminum
frame, as compared to the silver phone.

Regards,

Mike Lincoln
Aurora CO 80016

> On Oct 17, 2018, at 2:33 PM, Michael Lincoln <michaellinc...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello swappers
>
> I have two iPhone 5s models for sale.  These are both running iOS 12, which
> provides an appreciable acceleration compared to iOS 11.  They are great
> units for a kid:  modern, relatively fast, Touch ID, pretty cheap.  Both have
> brand new tempered glass front screen protectors.  One has a recent battery
> that lasts pretty much like new, and the other a brand new Apple Store
> battery from last weekend.  No accessories included with either phone.  Both
> are factory unlocked, iCloud logged out, factory reset etc.  They will start
> up on the Hello/Hola screen when powered on.  They will come fully charged
> and ready to go with your SIM card of choice.  No accessories for either.
>
> 1.  iPhone 5s 16 GB, silver/white, new third party battery and screen a year
> or so ago.  There is a brand new tempered glass cover, plastic membrane on
> the back, and a basic case.  It’s had a few daughter drops over the years,
> which chipped and scratched the aluminum frame on all four corners.  The
> good:  cheap, unlocked, looks great in case, perfectly functional.  The bad:
> the final drop, to the top corners, bent the internal frame.  Therefore the
> new screen doesn’t sit entirely flat (1mm higher at the top end, compared to
> the bottom or sides).  Up top, the white plastic surround that abuts the
> glass has cracked slightly (not the glass).  And because it sits 1 mm proud
> you can see that.  You could daub it with white paint using a fine brush and
> no one would really know.  Or just keep it in the case, where the issue is
> invisible.  When in the case it looks great and no teenager need be ashamed.
>
> 2.  iPhone 5s **64 GB**, gold, brand new Apple Store battery last week @ $59
> because the original one was virtually worthless.  I didn’t care to sell
> something to this list that wasn’t adequately functional.  And it gave me an
> excuse to buy the new iPhone Max :-). There is virtually no bad about this
> phone.  Near the headphone jack and speaker (bottom end) it must have once
> skittered on the sidewalk, because there are several chips/scratches on the
> aluminum frame corners.  These are much deep and noticeable than the first
> phone, and hardly irritating even without a case (which would hide them
> completely).  The OEM Apple factory screen is unbroken and the back is
> pristine (was Mom’s phone).  Underneath the tempered glass, there is a 2 cm
> scratch diagonally at the bottom left corner.  It just catches your
> fingernail in the center (deepest point) and tapers to nothing towards the
> Face ID button towards the lower right (Face ID button location) and towards
> the left edge of the screen on the other end.  That happened when new and
> resulted in a tempered screen after the first week. The glass is *not*
> [...]

See the list FAQ http://lowendmac.com/2014/lem-swap/
for guidelines on postings, feedback, and dispute resolution. Seller feedback
at http://groups.google.com/group/swap-feedback
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LEM
Swap" group.
to lemswap+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.