I have a number of Macs and related things that I need to clear out to free
up some space. I’d prefer to sell locally in the Houston, TX area, but if
you aren’t local feel free to ask for a shipping quote. I‘m trying to keep
this listing from getting out of hand so I’m just covering the basics of
each item, I can provide a much more detailed description and pictures of
any item if you want to know more.

All prices are based on cash and local sales, but most prices are
negotiable (especially if you want multiple items). I would potentially be
interested in trades as well. As for what trades I’m interested in there’s
really too much to even list, potentially even stuff that needs repairs,
and I’d probably be even more flexible with trades on the larger items if
you’re local, so it really can’t hurt to just send an offer.

Desktops:

Mac Pro 3,1: 2.8ghz 8 core with 32GB of RAM, Radeon 2600 XT, 500GB hard
drive, two SuperDrives, AirPort, and Bluetooth. It works fine (it was my
primary workstation from 2015 until I got a 4,1 last year), but it was
damaged in shipping at one point so it has bent feet and cosmetically it
isn’t pretty. It also used to have an intermittent issue that I think might
have been caused by the power supply but seems to have disappeared, contact
me for a full description. Asking $175

Mac Pro: 1,1 model upgraded to 2,1 firmware with 2.66ghz quad core
processors for 8 total cores. 16GB of RAM, 500GB hard drive, GeForce 7300
GT, two SuperDrives, AirPort, and Bluetooth. Fair cosmetic condition with
some scuffs/scratches but no dents, only one small ding in the front
grille. I also still have the stock processor chips if you want them.
Asking $150

Mac Pro 1,1: Stock 2.66ghz quad core configuration, 10GB of RAM, GeForce
7300 GT, 500GB hard drive, single SuperDrive, AirPort, and Bluetooth. Fair
cosmetic condition with some scuffs and scratches and slight yellowing to
the white plastics on the back but no dents or dings. Only one of the hard
drive trays is original, the others are 3D printed replacements. Asking $100

Or take all three Mac Pros as a lot for $380

iMac G5 20”: 1.8ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB hard drive, AirPort. This is the top of
the line first generation G5 model. It’s in good cosmetic condition and
works great except that there is no audio from either the speakers or the
headphone port, and sometimes the speakers will make some weird buzzing
sounds. I did replace the four visibly bulging capacitors on the logic
board but that didn’t solve the problem and I didn’t feel like replacing
all the rest without knowing for sure whether that would solve the issue.
Asking $60

Laptops:

Late 2007 White MacBook: 2ghz Core 2 Duo, 1GB of RAM, 80GB hard drive,
Combo Drive. This computer is in good overall condition with some signs of
wear. The battery is fairly healthy in terms of capacity/runtime but with
high cycles. I do not have a charger to include with this one. Asking $60

Early 2008 15” MacBook Pro: 2.16ghz, no RAM or HD. This one has an odd
issue where it won’t boot, it just beeps “SOS” in morse code when you press
the power button. From what I can tell this error code means that the
firmware is corrupted and needs to be reinstalled using a firmware CD, but
there was never a firmware update issued for this specific model so It
seems that firmware restore CDs don’t exist (but when I tried inserting a
firmware CD from a 2007 MacBook Pro it didn’t beep and it did attempt to
read the CD before spitting it out, which seems to prove my theory that
it’s just a corrupt firmware issue). Cosmetically the exterior is in fair
to good condition except that a few of the keyboard keys are worn. It has
the glossy LCD panel, which I believe means that it also has an LED backlit
display. It seems like the battery is probably good based on how long it
took to charge, but I don’t have another compatible computer to test it.
Asking $40

Devices/Accessories:

Radeon HD 5450: a basic PC graphics card with 1GB of VRAM. It’s a pretty
low-end card, roughly on par with the Radeon 2600 and a modest improvement
over the GeForce 7300, but it would help apps that struggle with the low
stock VRAM. It has been tested to work with a few different versions of OS
X and I’ll include a CD-R with some kext drivers. Asking $20 by itself, $10
with any Mac Pro, or free if you want all three Mac Pros

GeForce 7300 GT that seems to be dead but might possibly be fixable: free
with any Mac Pro

RAM for Mac Pro 1,1/2,1/3,1: various sticks pulled from the Mac Pros in
order to upgrade the RAM. Two 2GB, two 1GB, and four 512MB, for 8GB total,
all PC2-5300F with small heat sinks. It’s been a few years since I tested
these and I seem to recall two of the sticks being temperamental and only
working half the time, I think it was one of the 2GB and one of the 512MB,
but I’m not positive. Free with any Mac Pro

Linksys WRT320N: 802.11n WiFi router with four Ethernet ports. Asking $10
or free with any computer

D-Link DI-524: 802.11g WiFi router with four Ethernet ports. The WiFi
antenna’s rubber housing has disintegrated but other than that it works
fine. Asking $5 or free with any purchase

Canon ImageCLASS D680: monochrome all-in-one laser printer/copier/fax
machine. Has USB and parallel ports, plus a fax modem. This does work but I
can’t figure out how to print a report page with the total pages printed
and remaining toner so I don’t know the history, also there are regularly
spaced lines on the pages I’ve printed which I believe means the drum might
be damaged, but according to the manual it uses an all-in-one toner
cartridge that contains the drum so it might be an easy fix. Or if you
don’t care how clean the prints look it can still be used as-is, text is
still perfectly legible. It comes with the manuals and software CD, but no
cables. Asking $40

Epson Perfection V330 Photo: this is a color flatbed scanner, A4/Letter
size with a lid that folds open 180° for large objects, that also has a
backlight for 35mm negatives or slides (the backlight window is only big
enough for 35mm, it won’t work with medium or large format). It has been
tested to work, but I don’t have the original power supply or the film
holder, it’s just the scanner by itself. Asking $20

Kensington SlimType Keyboard for Mac: this is a laptop-style USB keyboard
with number pad and media buttons, still in box, as far as I’m aware it has
never been used. Asking $15, or $5 with any computer

Logitech Cordless Desktop S510: a slim laptop-style wireless keyboard (PC
layout), a wireless mouse, and the dongle base station, all in excellent
condition in the original box. Asking $30, or $20 with any computer

Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0A: Microsoft’s signature ergonomic
keyboard with a PC layout, fair cosmetic condition, works great and
includes the dongle which has both USB and PS/2. Asking $25, or $15 with
any computer

Two 1920x1080 LCD monitors with DVI and VGA ports: Both work great but they
don’t come with any cables. Asking $35 each, or $25 each with any computer

Compaq WF-1907: 19” 1440x900 LCD monitor with DVI and VGA ports and
built-in speakers. This one does work fine but the image quality isn’t all
that great by today’s standards, with some slight discoloration across a
portion of the screen (I’m not sure how to describe it, it isn’t dark or
well defined enough to be a bruise but it just looks “off“). Probably best
as a dedicated testing monitor, or maybe in some high-risk area like a
garage where exposure to elements or risk of damage makes it too risky to
use a better monitor. No cables included. Asking $15, or $5 with any
computer, or free with a Mac Pro.

Acer P191W: 19” 1440x960 monitor with DVI and VGA inputs. This one often
turns off soon after being turned on, which i think indicates that it
probably has some bad capacitors. Other than that it’s in good condition
and the screen doesn’t have any flaws. No cables are included. Free with
any purchase

Dynex DX-L40-10A 40” 1080p HDTV: This TV has a computer monitor mode, to be
used with either the VGA port or HDMI (or DVI if you have an adapter).
Using this mode you can use the RCA audio inputs for sound and it will
disable all of the image post-processing for a more accurate picture. It
also has lots of HDMI and analog inputs. It comes with the original remote,
which works but is in rough condition. Asking $75

Samsung HL-T6176SX-XAA 61” 1080p DLP projection TV. One of the last DLP TVs
with a compact tabletop form factor (looks almost exactly like a flat
screen except it’s about a foot thick, only weighs a few pounds more than a
modern flat screen of the same size) and excellent picture quality and good
viewing angles for a DLP. 3 HDMI, VGA, lots of analog ports, comes with the
original remote. This one has an issue where it’s hard to turn on, usually
taking a few attempts and maybe 5-10 minutes before it actually comes on,
but once it’s on it works great. I assume either the main board or the
power supply needs to be recapped to fix this, or it could still be used
as-is if you don’t mind it being annoying to turn on. Asking $50

Sceptre E24 24” HDTV: full 1080p with LED backlighting and what looks like
an IPS or VA screen with great color and viewing angles. It works fine but
it has a couple small scratches on the LCD panel, the housing is a bit
rough, and it’s missing the stand. It does include the original remote.
Asking $40

Small HDTV: this one is currently in storage so I don’t know the make/model
off the top of my head, but As I recall it’s in roughly the 20” range, it’s
full 1080p (but only a standard TN panel, not IPS), and it has a built-in
DVD player which does work. Unfortunately it’s missing the remote, which is
required for full DVD player features (I assume a universal remote would
work but I haven’t tried). Asking $40

Insignia NS-32D201NA14 32” HDTV: 720p with LED backlighting, appears to be
IPS or VA. I thought the backlight failed but after further testing I’m not
sure what’s wrong. Sometimes the backlight will go out and stay off, other
times it will come back on and work perfectly for hours. I’m not very good
at troubleshooting electronics, but if you have the right test equipment
and knowledge it might be an easy fix (none of the capacitors are bulging
but that’s the extent of my abilities). No remote. Asking $25

Laptop backpacks: two available, one orange and one green, both have a
pocket and strap inside for holding a laptop and both are used but in good
condition overall. Asking $5 each

Targus laptop bag: good condition overall, can just barely fit a 17”
MacBook Pro or a smaller laptop plus some cables/accessories. Asking $10,
or $5 with any purchase

Power Mac G5 parts: a few years ago I got two 2004 Power Mac G5s that both
had leaky cooling systems so I parted them out. I should still have two
sets of most parts aside from the power supply, processor/cooling system,
and GPU, including two complete (and not visibly corroded) logic boards,
but I’m unable to test anything. I also have one case but it’s missing the
door and has corrosion damage so it would probably only be good for some
kind of art project. Make an offer on any items or take the whole box (plus
the case if you want it) for $40

3D printed specialty items:

iMac G4 neck opening tool: the neck of the iMac G4 uses a strange 3-pin
screw head and I was unable to find the appropriate tool so I designed and
3D printed my own. This is a set of two tools, with plastic body and metal
pins. Just to clarify, this tool is not needed to remove/replace the entire
neck, it’s for opening the neck assembly to access the internal components,
make repairs, or replace the chrome housing. $10 for a set of two.

Mac Pro Hard Drive Trays: these are reverse engineered from the Apple
originals and look/work identical. Since they are made of plastic they
aren’t quite as rigid as the originals, but they’ve been reinforced so that
they aren’t *too* flexible. I can make these in either 2006-2008 or
2009-2012 length, I can make them either blank or numbered, and I can make
them for either 3.5” or 2.5” drives. $10 for a set of four.

Mac Pro 2.5” drive adapter: this will let you use a 2.5” SSD or hard drive
with the original Apple drive trays. These include screws and other
necessary hardware. $10 for a set of four.

Hard drive storage cases: these are just basic sleeve-style cases to store
hard drives when not in use and protect them from dust. Available in 3.5”
and 2.5”, they fully enclose the drive and the 3.5” ones also have a slot
to insert a paper label. $10 for a set of 5 3.5” cases or $10 for a set of
10 2.5” cases.

Also there’s a chance I might be able to help if you’re in need of a custom
designed/printed part for a project.

Again, all of these prices are based on cash and local pickup, shipping
would cost extra and in that case I would only accept PayPal. Keep in mind
that local pickup would be outdoors in a public parking lot, with social
distancing and masks. Please contact me if you want more information or
pictures of any of the items, if you want a shipping quote, or if you want
to offer something to trade.

Steven Fowler
Houston, TX 77083