Reuters. 22 September 2001. Thousands Rally for Peace in Germany Cities.

BERLIN - Several thousand demonstrators took to the streets of Berlin
and other German cities on Saturday shouting "No Third World War" and
urging the United States not to answer attacks on its cities with more
violence.

Carrying banners reading "Enough deaths" and "No retaliation," the
demonstrators gathered outside the Berlin city hall. Police said a few
thousand were on the streets. Smaller protests were also held in
Cologne, Bremen and Kassel.

"We are here because we are worried about the reaction of the United
States. The attacks cannot be justified but we need to think about what
the real causes were," said one demonstrator, carrying his daughter on
his shoulders.

At a smaller protest of Afghanis in Berlin and their supporters,
protesters waved banners reading "Please don't answer violence with
violence" and "No bombs on Afghanistan."

Barry Stoller
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProletarianNews