I don't know why anyone is surprised that liberals are backing away.  That's precisely
why I said several days ago that the WTO demonsrtations would probably be cancelled,
and there is no point in going it alone on them.  It's a broad coalition of forces.
We confuse ourselves calling them Left.  Scratch a social democrat and you'll find an
imperialist every time.  The Left has its own, in this new conjuncture, with
independent responsibilities now, and they include the anti-war demo on the 29th, and
providing analysis that goes beyond anti-racism and pro-civil rights, and talks about
the forces at work here, the motives of the ruling class, and the very real and
disastrous consequences that are in store.  It will piss people off in the short term,
but the inevitability of the consequences will strengthen our credibility with the
masses in the long term.  And we must fight aggressively in defense of our space on
this.

Welcome to the real world.  Stark, ain't it?

Anyone out there still believe we can fight this without organization and
"heirarchies" [gasp!] and discipline?