Date sent:              Tue, 18 Sep 2001 11:48:04 -0500
Send reply to:          "Dr. John I Gilderbloom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From:                   "Dr. John I Gilderbloom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                Build Soaring Memorial! Says Donald Trump
To:                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                        New York Post                   NEAL TRAVIS

September 18, 2001 -- Build soaring memorial

At first, Donald Trump didn't want to talk about the terrible
events that have changed our city's skyline more than
anything the mega-developer has ever erected. But
yesterday, we did talk on the phone about what should
happen at the site of the World Trade Center.

"Once they get it cleared - and that is going to be a very
long process - we will all have a better idea of what can be done on the site,"
Trump said. "The current mindset is to put up new towers, and I agree with
that."

But, he said, they shouldn't be replicas of the downed  buildings. "To be
blunt, they were not ‘great' buildings," he said. "They only became great
upon their demise last Tuesday."

What Trump is thinking of is great, commanding architecture. "What goes up
there should be a form of memorial to the dead," he said. "The buildings
need to be a soul-soaring statement of our faith in the future."

Trump (who is looking at erecting the world's tallest building in Chicago and
who has the world's highest apartment building across from the United
Nations) said he didn't think people would be afraid to live or work high up
after last week's outrage.

"This is a city largely based on great skyscrapers, and they will always be the
essence of New York," he said. "That won't change, just as the character of
the people who live here will not be altered by this tragedy."

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky