Excellent post Stan.This is the best summary of the "case" that I have seen,
and clearly points out why it is so important a question. For those who,
like Tahir, wonder where the C.I.A. would find suicide bombers, the answer,
of course, is.....the same place as obl.Sincere militants would be
approached,recruited, trained and aimed without ever knowing who they were
working for.Simple. I also think many comrades are being        too affected
by Bushies'"Palestinian State" gambit.Sharon used the phrase BEFORE 9/11,
Shimon Peres is associated with the same formulation, and can now be heard
insisting that Hamas, and Hizbollah should be on the shit list, and not
without result. The little spat with Arik Sharon is for the cameras, to
confuse and divide as long as possible.And if the opposition in the muslim
world, especially the Arab countries,is strong enough to paralyze, or
threaten the power of their client regimes then the al-Sabahs, and the
ibn-Sauds will have to earn their royalties,or be replaced. If necessary, by
American troops. Difficult? Certainly, but necessary in light of the oil
reality, either now or later.I see no prospect of dividing Zionism from
Imperialism. I think there is a better chance of Israel getting the Sinai
back in the next few years if they are patient.Arafat might be humming "God
bless America", but everyone should see that Hamas and Hizbollah can't, and
in the next phase,Arafat will be required to suppress them. His inability to
do that will settle the problem for U.S. public opinion, and Israel wins.
Bob enoch