Dear comrades,
I would be very much interested in hearing in what respect Bordieu has shifted
towards "our side". I must admit that I have never much bothered to follow
close what he said since all I read in the newspapers was to ridiculously
refomist and illusionary. Today there is a short orbituary in my local newspaper
here in Bonn and it quotes him with having proposed (probabably not seriously I
assume) to put all leading fans of neoliberalism in a helicopter and make them
fly over the slums of Manhatten and the Favelas of Rio de Jeneiro. After 10 days
he said they would all return as welfare state adepts. Isn't this shere idealism
and the search for the enlightened monarch to bring paradise to the poor? It
seems to me that Bordieu was a nice chap with a heart for the poor, but this is
not yet 'our side' as Leninists. If you have different information about the
develepment of his positions in recent months please let me know.
A. Holberg

                                xxxxxxxxxxxx