This note is simply to indicate that my oldest son, John Salter, has a book
of his very excellent short stories due to appear forthwith. Until my name
change, I was John R. Salter, Jr. and he was John R Salter III.

The book is called  ALBERTA CLIPPER and is published by Livingston
Press/University of West Alabama.  It will be available in both cloth and
paper.

Obviously, I highly recommend this fine work.  And I am far from alone in
doing so. He's published in some of the finest literary journals in the
country -- and has won top writer's awards.

ALBERTA CLIPPER will be readily available through all of the conventional
sources.

Here's my kid's bio -- drawn from his 2001 McKnight Writers Award data.  We
also urge you to check out his developing website  http://johnsalter.org/
Unknown to Eldri and me [ again, his proud parents] he chose as an
introductory website photograph our "jailing" of him in our back-yard
Southern prison.

>From the  2001 McKnight Writers Fellowship Award data:

John Salter was born in Raleigh, North Carolina, in 1965.  He grew up all
over
the United States, living in such diverse locations as Seattle, Chicago, and
the
Navajo Nation.  He was home-schooled from the eighth grade until he started
college.  After earning a Master of Arts in Creative Writing from the
University
of North Dakota, he spent three years working with the Mountain Maidu of
northern California on educational and cultural projects before returning to
the northern plains to write.  He frequently draws on his Wabanaki/Iroquois
and
Finnish/Norwegian heritage in his stories, which have appeared in such
journals
as Massachusetts Review, North Dakota Quarterly, Nebraska Review, Third
Coast, Washington Review, Florida Review, and Fourteen Hills.  He has worked
as a store clerk, assistant postmaster, and taught English at three
different
colleges.  He and his wife, Nancy, and their three small children presently
live in
Glyndon, Minnesota.

And, again, John Salter's developing website:  http://johnsalter.org/

Hunter [Hunterbear]