Having first read Mr.Jared's answer to M.S. and then the piece below I also feel
that I have to announce that unusually I'm in agreement with him. When talking
about desperation as the basis for suicide bombings I was referring to the
mostly young people who carried the act out (the fact that they themselves do
not see it like that but as a noble act is not of prime importance here) and not
to the masterminds! As to them I agree with what Mr. Jared writes [though I
would use the notion of 'fascism' with utmost reservation here). I only have one
disagreement to voice: I don't know about any islamic fundamentalism which has
'so many times viciously assaulted the Serbian people'. Neither the Ottomans
were 'islamic fundamentalists' and if they were this was not their reason for
subjugating the people of the Balkans nor is the basis for Albanian nationalism
any sort of islamism. So who are the islamists (apart from a comparatively few
foreign 'Mojahedin' in Bosnia) who assauilted the 'Serbian people'?
A.Holberg