The subject line, "Gore against the War," is seriously misleading.
Consider the following paragraph:

****
We also need to look at the relationship between our national goal of
regime change in Iraq and our goal of victory in the war against terror.
In the case of Iraq, it would be more difficult for the United States to
succeed alone, but still possible. By contrast, the war against terror
manifestly requires broad and continuous international cooperation. Our
ability to secure this kind of cooperation can be severely damaged by
unilateral action against Iraq. If the Administration has reason to
believe otherwise, it ought to share those reasons with the Congress - -
since it is asking Congress to endorse action that might well impair a
more urgent task: continuing to disrupt and destroy the international
terror network.****

That sounds more like a declaration of war than an anti-war speech. The
argument is strictly over tactics, though there may be some strategic
differences also which will only appear in time.

I may have some differences with the following post, fwd from PSN
(Progressive Sociologists) list, but it seems to me to offer at least a
point of departure for examining current "divisions" within the ruling
class.(The divisions in any case are certainly not antagonistic ones.)

Carrol