I am thanking "Editor" for this and sending it a couple of other places it might
be appreciated...
A truly beautiful piece.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Editor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Irina Malenko

       "Left, Left? Marching with the Right."
       Notes on the the Irish Left who prefer struggle to victory

       "Hysterical spurts are of no use to us.
       What we need is the steady march of the iron battalions of
the proletariat."
       Lenin

       You can see them chanting at all demos for any cause.  They
always carry politically correct posters.
       They are noisier than any one else.  They are very good at
chanting, with the experienced "lead singer"
       and the response choir who knows their well rehearsed text.
Actually, this is the only thing they do
       professionally and with genuine pleasure.  Noisy manifestations
are their specialty.  Their style and
       methods of recruiting have something of the Jehovah Witnesses.
Indeed, invariably their participation in
       any demonstration ends up with calling on people to join their
organization.

http://www.left.ru/inter/sept/leftright.html