----- Original Message -----
From: "*******"

United Press International: Anti-US arsonists hit recruiting office

                  Anti-US arsonists hit recruiting office
                  From the National Desk
                  Published 10/14/2002 7:08 PM

                  SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 14 (UPI) -- An anonymous caller to a
San Jose television station took credit for a pre-dawn fire at a military
recruiting office Monday, cryptically referring to the blaze as a "pre-emptive
strike."

                  Fire crews arriving at the facility on McKee Road shortly
after 4 a.m. PDT found two government-owned vehicles parked in the rear engulfed
in flames. They also discovered broken glass doors and the words "Preemptive
Strike" written on the front walls in red paint, an apparent reference to the
possibility the United States could launch a military attack on Iraq aimed at
squelching the development of weapons of mass destruction by Baghdad.

                  "The graffiti is certainly an indication of the motive," Marty
McKee, a spokeswoman for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms told
reporters at the scene.

                  At about the same time the fire was reported, the news desk at
San Jose television station KNTV received a call from an unidentified male who
stated, "At 4 o'clock this morning, we have taken a pre-emptive strike against a
military recruiting office here on McKee."

                  The station reported that the caller did not claim affiliation
with any political group and did not have a detectable accent.

                  Copyright © 2002 United Press International

     Copyright © 2002 United Press International. All rights reserved.