Dearcdes.,

I understand that cde. Holberg is "one of us", so to say. So that
although I feel thankful for the explanation that he gives as to his
standing re.: Malvinas, I want to reassure him that I did not need
such a declaration at all. In the same sense, I am in no way
questioning the esteem that cde. Holberg or other cdes. on this list
may express towards my humble individual personality, at most I
should only be thankful -again- for any good feeling and disdainful
for evil ones!

Due to time constraints I am not currently in a position to fully
develop the issues raised by A. Holberg, namely the role of
"bourgeois" leadership in the National Revolution of a semicolonial
country.

Suffice it to say, for the time being, that while in Old Europe
nations coallesced through a long process involving simultaneous
dissolution of feudal forms and creation of bourgeois forms, in
countries such as ours the "national question" has little to do with
that process. Ours are, so to say, "programmatic nationalisms", which
stress the need to overthrow imperialist oppresion and _thus_
capitalism and social oppression, since imperialist oppresion is the
basic and only form of stable capitalism in this part of the globe.

In this sense, no national revolution in a semicolony can be
succesfully led by the bourgeoisie. This is, er, an axiom.

But in the meanwhile, history proceeds. Things happen. Unexpected
events take place. For example, for many different reasons a military
tyrant who has been, up to the day before yesterday, pointing at your
head with a machine gun, suddenly aims that machine gun to the head
of an imperialist usurper of your own country.

Imperialists know very well what to do with such a type. Can't we
revolutionaries learn from our enemies? Nothing of the above implies
any kind of leniency against Galtieri's participation in the
murderous repression of 1976-1982 in Argentina.

What's more, by showing that Armed Forces drilled to murder their own
fellow countrypeople could hardly win a war in the defence of the
homeland you are planting into the brain of the military the basic
issues of national and social revolution. That is, you are struggling
against Galtieri in what he has of a reactionary member of the 1976
coup.

That's why though I don't defend Galtieri himself and his crimes
during the repression in Argentina, I will stand fiercely against all
the blood dripping word processors of the imperialist journalists who
love to attack Galtieri while they say nothing at all about the Latin
American oligarchies and the Euro-Angloamerican imperialisms which
support those military dictatorships and benefit from them.

Galtieri is not attacked for all his evil deeds. He is attacked for
his -perhaps single- good deed. That's enough for a revolutionary to
know what to do.

As to the debate on the role of bourgeois leaderships in the national
revolution, it will have to wait for a better time (if it ever comes
about).

Hugs to all,

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky

"Aquel que no está orgulloso de su origen no valdrá nunca
nada porque empieza por depreciarse a sí mismo".
Pedro Albizu Campos, compatriota puertorriqueño de todos
los latinoamericanos.