http://usmlo.org/archive2003/2003-01/07-02-05.htm

IRELAND
Women's Peace Camp Demands:
U.S. Imperialism Stay Out of Ireland!

A 24-hour women's peace camp has been initiated at Shannon airport in
western Ireland. The camp is to protest use of the airport as a staging
ground for U.S. troops being deployed to the Persian Gulf in preparation for
U.S. war on Iraq. According to the organizers, they spent the first weekend
of 2003 in a tent at the entrance to the base, and decided to establish a
24-hour camp after receiving "overwhelming support from the general public."
The camp is emblazoned with numerous signs denouncing U.S. war plans and in
support of the right of the Iraqi people to peace and sovereignty. Irish
anger has also been aroused over the arrogance of the U.S. military in using
aircraft of the country's national airline, Aer Lingus, with its distinctive
coloring.
The Irish Independent has also reported that the country's Green Party is
considering the possibility of launching legal action to block the U.S. use
of Shannon. Green Party leader Trevor Sargent said the action was
unconstitutional and violated Ireland's traditional neutrality.

---
Joshua

"In the world through which I travel, I am endlessly creating
myself." -Frantz Fanon