----- Original Message -----
From: "Carrol Cox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Alan Spector writes:

> in Europe. If this war runs into problems, gets bogged down, I would
> guess that there will be rallies in D.C. and elsewhere this spring that
> will dwarf the ones held so far.

The problem with this is it assumes that the same disastrous weeks of warfare
would get the same kind of play as it did when reporters were in foxholes, et
al. There will not be such here, the reporters of today do not go into the line
of fire and bring back a story...they fly to the country next to the country the
US is at war with, and then they bring back a press release and statement issued
by some commander.

Macdonald