Comrades,
it seems that the story about the Iranians having gassed the Kurds in Halabja is
shakey at least. It is cerTAINLY TRUE THAT THIS WAS DONE IN A SITUATION OF WAR
AGAINST Iran whwen the Kurdish PUK had brought Irani farces to the region. I
remember having spoken to PUK peshmergan in a hospital here in Germany who were
injured during the Anfal-campaign and who were really angry at their own party
leaders having brought those other enemies of the Kurds into Iraq and thus
having provoked the Halabja-incident. However it seems that it was indeed the
Iraqi regime who did it. It seems that they didn't do it out of ethnical hatred
but for politico-military reasons, but still ...
Best                    A.Holberg

PS. By the way, if Saddam ain't no nice guy the Ayatollahs and other
clerico-fascists (not a scientific term here!)are at least as bad, and that not
because they want to destroy the Zionist settler stateIsrael (which s a must),
but because they oppress everyone not believing what they believe and because
they are not anti-zionists but outright anti-jewish/christian/communist/buddhist
and what else you want.

                                xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx