Note by Hunterbear:  [once John R Salter, Jr]

There are many folks getting this -- individually and various list wise --
who have had for years the 1979 hardback edition of my Jackson, Mississippi.
If you do, it's doing a whole lot better than the Market these days. [Not,
of course, that I would ever be into anything as sinful as THAT.]

It's time for me to write another book -- and that's kind of what I'm doing.
Personal social justice stuff. I have, however, lived long enough to see the
now very rare First Edition of this one and only book of mine so far,
Jackson Mississippi: An American Chronicle of Struggle and Schism, today
selling via ABE for  $99.87.  [How they came up with that price intrigues me
slightly.]  An illegal "bootleg" copy of JM, itself very rare -- claiming
First Edition status -- is going on ABE for fifty bucks.  The Krieger 1987
big paperback reprint went out-of-print a couple of years ago -- but a copy
or two of those are on ABE for about $12 bucks if you're ever interested and
don't want to fork over a century note.  Here's the data on the $99.87
hardback -- which initially went for ten bucks.

JM has gotten damn good reviews.  Here's a link to those [recently
expanded]:  http://www.hunterbear.org/jackson.htm

 3.  Salter, John R.
        Jackson, Mississippi: An American Chronicle of Struggle and Schism
        Hicksville: Exposition, 1979. Full Cloth. 1st Edition/1st Printing.
Signed by Author. 8vo. Completely clean, tight text; author has signed the
ffep; beautiful burgandy cloth binding stamped with gold lettering; paper
clip impression (no stain) on 1st few leaves. This impression is also on VG+
publishers promo flyer which is included with book; sticker on flyer states
that the book went out of print 6/84. Jacket has a tiny tear at head of
spine; slight rubbing. Scarce as signed First Edition hardcover.
ISBN:0682493538 Bookseller Inventory #hb403
        Price: US$ 99.87 (Convert Currency)
        Bookseller: Meadowlark Books, Hawley, MN, U.S.A. (Search this
Seller's Books)(Ask Bookseller a Question)

Hunter Gray  [Hunterbear] [formerly John R Salter, Jr]
www.hunterbear.org
Protected by NaŽshdoŽiŽbaŽiŽ
and Ohkwari'

remembering way. [Hunterbear]