Comrades,
you are deluding yourself if you believe that the Left or even the revolutionaey
left in Turkey is anywhere near to challenge the existing order. It has been
smashed in the past - specially in 1980 - both by the bourgeoisie and its
generals and by its own shortcomings. Those who keep on talking abnout the
'fascist' regime in Turkey may be personally heroes but show that they don't
even have a materialist analysis of the country they are living in. If waging a
cruel war against another people (here the Kurds) was already fascism Britain
and France would have been fascist countries in colonial times. It may be a big
progress that after beind smashed by the generals the turkish revolutionarey
left has largely stopped to name each other fascist. They should now stop to
call a reactionary chauvinist bourgeois democracy in a crisis ridden poor
country fascist. Or do thew think that 'democracy' in the rich countries really
functions like in school books?
        I'm not sure that this information which I got from Turkish comrades is
correct, but I was told that 'Dev Sol' distributed leaflets in Istanbul hailing
Ceaucescu when he was killed in Romania. Don't believe that lunsatics like this
will topple the well entrenched Turkish state. Also ask them about the
liquidation of comrades from a break away faction a couple of years ago. I don't
doubt that they have heroic fighters but unfortunately they are seriously misled
. Best  A.Holberg