>As you will know from my message I agree with you in substance. This is why I
>would like you to explain the 'controversial' point about the
>special historical
>period a bit more. Do you think that 'fascism' will never retutmn in its
>historical clothes or do you think that the bourgeoisie will not any
>more need a
>petty bourgeois mass movement in order to smash any independent working class
>organization and to prepare for new interimperialst wars? Or may be you mean
>anything else.Please elaborate.
>
>A.Holberg

Specters of fascism -- real or imaginary -- are & will be used by
neoliberals to consolidate their hegemony: the Third Way at home &
humanitarian imperialism abroad (both of which appeal to
petit-bourgeois moralism).  In other words, future fascists will come
in anti-fascist guise.  Don't look for Brown Shirts.  Watch out for
cool outfits, the kind worn by Bernard Kouchner.

Yoshie