By Mahir Cayan

March 12 coup continued (1971)

III-) However, armed propaganda has shown the true face and the
intentions of the 1ST Erim-government, namely that they are the most
reactionary, most wild and most terrorist leadership of the oligarchy.

Thus armed propaganda has mixed up the efforts of American imperialism
and the native cooperating bourgeoisie, pulled down its mask and
destroyed their plan of steps. Armed propaganda has forced open fascism,
appearing in the light of "progress, Atatürkist, Reformist", to a
premature birth and it so opened the eyes of the public, including the
petit-bourgeois intellectuals.

Nowadays more or less all petit-bourgeois revolutionary-intellectuals
have fully recognized the identity of the 1ST Erim-government.

IV-) The duo, imperialism - cooperating monopoly-bourgeois, which lost
the support from the petit-bourgeois intellectual public, was forced to
go the other reactionary classes and groups, with whom they share
similarities, and some concessions were made regarding the measures
which concern those classes (concessions regarding the yellow reforms).

Nowadays there is a real festive mood within the oligarchy. And the 2.
Erim-government is the government of this agreement and of the
inner-reactionary peace.

This means, simple put, that our country has changed into a country
which can hardly be distinguished from the Latin-American countries.

The period of limited democracy from 1961-1970 now belongs to the past,
the relative balance is gone. Turkey has become a country where the
imperialist occupation and exploitation are exercised by means of the
Turkish army, where all kind of motions with a democratic economic
target are finished off by terror.

Because all democratic ways are blocked, because the policy of
oppression against the working masses is executed in the most gruesome
manner, the armed propaganda is from now on the basic form of struggle
to pick up the dialogue with the masses, to win them over the ranks of
the revolution.

The specific basic differences between our country and the
Latin-American countries (besides these basic factors many subordinate
factors could be listed) are the following:

1) The geo-political position of our country:

Because this is a military and tactical problem, we can only say that
the geo-political position of our country is a important advantage for
the revolutionaries.

The disadvantage, however, is that the anti-communist propaganda leans
on historical "Moscow-animosity".

--

Mine Aysen Doyran
PhD Student