TO THE PRESS AND PUBLIC OPINION

THE BOURGEOIS MEDIA WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SMEAR OUR INDEFINITE HUNGER STRIKE
AND DEATH FAST ACTION WITH LIES AND DISTORTIONS IN THE NEWS

As is known, we DHKP-C, TKP(ML) and TKIP revolutionary prisoners, to repel
the attacks by the state aimed at introducing the "F" Type isolation cell
prisons, went on an Indefinite Hunger Strike which has been in progress
since October 20, 2000.
Since the start of our action, the fascist state has resorted to every kind
of method and means, striving desperately to obscure our action or smear it.
They have recourse to unbelievable lies and demagogy. In order to carry out
a provocation against our Indefinite Hunger Strike action and prepare the
ground for attacks on the prisons, the fascist state had a section of the
mafia gangs it nurtures carry out "incidents" in the prisons, firstly at
Adana Kurkculer and then at Istanbul Bayrampasa, taking guards hostage and
claiming that this was in support of demands for an amnesty. In almost all
their news reports, the bourgeois media have engaged in lies and distortions
to give the impression that the Indefinite Hunger Strike is being carried
out to demand an amnesty. By means of such news and statements, the fascist
state is obviously aiming to smear our action.
But they will not succeed. No lies and demagogy will be able to obscure our
action. Because all public opinion knows that never and nowhere have
revolutionary prisoners sought an amnesty or refused to resist. Nor is there
anything like that in any of the demands we are putting forward now. We
revolutionary prisoners have never wanted an amnesty. It is those who are
guilty who have need of an amnesty. And the guilty ones are those who have
massacred revolutionaries and the people and practised torture - in other
words, the fascist state and its henchmen.
We had explained the aims and demands of our general resistance to public
opinion and to the press. But once again we are taking the opportunity to
put forward our demands.
OUR DEMANDS:
1 - The "F" Type prisons must be closed.
2 - The anti-terror law (Article 3713) must be abolished, along with all its
consequences.
3 - The protocol signed by the Justice, Interior and Health Ministries and
known as the "tripartite protocol" must be abolished.
4 - The State Security Courts must be abolished, along with all the
provisions for which they are responsible.
5 - Prisons must be periodically checked by delegations of lawyers, doctors,
relatives of prisoners, representatives of non-governmental organisations
and the Union of Prison Staff.
6 - Those who are responsible for massacring and wounding dozens of our
friends in Buca, Umraniye, Diyarbakir, Ulucanlar and Burdur must be judged
and punished quickly and in a way accessible to the public. 7 - All our
friends who have suffered from permanent illness, whose health problems have
continued since the 1996 Death Fast, who were injured during state
operations and denied medical treatment, must be immediately released.
8 - Those who tortured us during detention must be dismissed from their jobs
and must be judged and punished quickly and in a manner accessible to the
public.
9 - All anti-democratic laws against the struggle of the peoples for freedom
and democracy must be abolished, and the oppression of the Kurdish nation
and the other national minorities must be ended.
Our demands are very open and clear. We warn the bourgeois media. Do not try
to confuse the people's minds with deceitful and false news, do not be the
accomplices of this state which has been well proven to be the mastermind
behind torture and massacres, and which is adding the cell-type prisons to
its list of crimes. Write the truth, broadcast the truth.

No lies or demagogy can obscure our action!.
We have not gone into the cells and will not go into the cells!.
Long live our General Resistance!.

October 27, 2000
DHKP-C, TKP(ML) and TKIP Prisoners