A PROTEST AGAINST THE FOREIGN MINISTER OF THE TORTURERS' AND MURDERERS'
REGIME

On November 28, 2000, while the Foreign Minister of Turkey, Ismail Cem, was
making a speech he had been invited to make at the Foreign Affairs
Commission of the European Parliament in Brussels, two DHKC supporters got
into the hall, and in front of the press and representatives of several
European countries, went in front of his podium and shouted the slogans,
"Murderer Cem, you are the representative of the torturers. The
revolutionary prisoners are our honour. Long live our Death Fast Resistance.
Long live the Devrimci Halk Kurtulus Cephesi." They carried in their hands
placards about the Ulucanlar massacre and with the inscription "DHKC", "The
state in Turkey will be responsible for the deaths of the 99 Death Fasters,"
"We will not go into the 'F' Type isolation cells," and "Long Live Our Death
Fast Resistance". Both the protesters were wearing smocks with the
inscriptions in English, "Political prisoners are going to be massacred in
Turkey, we should oppose this" and "Isolation cells are torture". They
scattered handbills in English about the Ulucanlar massacre among those
present in the hall. At the same time they spoke out about the 'F' Type
cells and the Death Fast resistance and about oppression in Turkey. Another
group of DHKC supporters delivered leaflets to members of the European
Parliament concerning the Death Fast.
They did not plan to harm Ismail Cem physically. But this protest attracted
a lot of attention from the press. The Turkish press called the incident a
security scandal: they said that not even Ismail Cem's bodyguards could get
into that meeting, so how did the DHKP-C gain access?
The key fact is not that the DHKP-C managed to get in, but that Ismail Cem,
the representative of the regime of murderers and torturers, managed to go
to the meeting and come face to face with human beings. Because people like
Ismail Cem, whose hands are covered with the blood of revolutionary people,
and who has put his signature to documents ordering all kinds of repression,
are damned by humanity for their part in massacres. Instead of trying to
speculate about which M.P. helped the DHKP-C gain access, they should carry
out an investigation into those European politicians who allowed Ismail Cem
to make a speech in the European Union.
THE BALANCE SHEET OF THE DEATH FASTS IN TURKEY:
1984 - Four martyrs
1996 - Twelve martyrs
2000 - ?
IT IS UP TO US TO PREVENT NEW DEATHS
THE DEATH FAST FIGHTERS ARE SHOUTING OUT:
"HELLO, DEATH, WELCOME, VICTORY"

November 28, 2000

DEVRIMCI HALK KURTULUS CEPHESI (REVOLUTIONARY PEOPLE'S LIBERATION FRONT)
Brussels Information Bureau