--- Nestor Miguel Gorojovsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> In fact, the working class can be integrated to the
> capitalist system, as it
> actually has been for decades in the core countries.
> But this integration
> cannot deny the fact that, existentially, this class
> is the negation of
> anything that is human by the system. So that it
> takes the form of a rebellious
> integration, thus, centrism.

I am not sure I understand this last sentence, but the
one before is implausible.  The imperial working class
simply could not have been integrated into imperial
society unless it's been allowed to climb closer to
the
better end of the alienation stick. The average
British or US worker is no more "existentially
negated" than the pardoned genius of leveraged buyouts
Milken or the chief editor of London Times.

> Centrism, if anything, and I don't care if I am not
> in agreement with Leon
> Trotsky here (though I am sure that if the Old Man
> were alive he would
> devilishly smile and support me), means not so much
> a _party_ that is not to
> the height of its own historic task. It means a
> _class_ which is not to the
>height of its own historic task.

Bingo!  So the centrist is the one who knows that the
center holds, and very much so.
Leon did smile you, Nestor, just about the last time,
when he conscientiously envisioned the 'unlikely'
outcome of WW2 and a 'new program' for the 'slaves' of
the post-war world.

Vladimir Bilenkin

=====
Proletarii vsekh stran, soediniaites'!