>>> 3. After Mark Jones had been subbed to L-I he publicly called for closing

((((((((((((

CB: What the fuck is going on , Mark ? Why the hell would you call for closing down
the list like some goddamn the lord giveth and the lord taketh away ?

down L-I.  01/17/01 02:16AM >>>
This will be my last post to L-I both as moderator and as a subscriber.
Since there are still some comrades on this list I respect, they owe an
explanation. Here are the reason, why do not want to be associated with this
list in any way any longer:

1. The acceptance of the defence of anti-semitism ('not the real question')
or anti-semitism itself ( criticising Yeltsin for beeing a Jew ) from the
side of moderators. This is simply too disgusting that I do not want to go
into further details.

2. Several actions co-moderator Macdonald Stainsby took either without
consulting or even without informing the other co-moderators. These include:
- the temporary unsubbing of Anton Holberg, without giving any reasons and
not even informing Anton
- subbing of Mark Jones without Marks's prior request or even consent
- unsubbing of Owen Jones, for a message Owen sent privately to Macdonald.
On the list Macdonald publicly distorted this claiming Owen wanted to be
unsubbed
- unsubbing of Steve Myers. I dont need to explain, who Steve is and what he
does. But unsubbing him and leaving others on the list shows what positions
are encouraged and which positions are not argued against but simply kicked
out. To put a friendly label on it I would call it bureaucratic centralism,
other more unfriendly words come to my mind.

Though beeing attacked personally none of my co-moderators even
reacted to this. To avoid public flaming I wrote to Mark Jones privately
asking him either to unsub from a list he sees as useless or to help making
the list useful.
As a reaction Mark asked the moderators either to remove me from the
moderation or to be unsubbed himself. I agreed that this was the only
choice. Since Macdonald decided to keep Mark on the list and did not say one
single word of defending myself, I did not have any choice at all. Mine
Aysen Doyran and Yoshie Furuhashi kept silent, a reaction I can only
interpret as an agreement with Macdonald.
Judging from Mark Jones' recent postings I can oly come to the conclusion
that Mark wants to destroy a list from within he once initiated. I can only
attribute it to Macdonald's inexperience and Yoshie's and Mine's desinterest
that they do not resist such attempts. Since I could not win a majority
within the moderation for the defence of Leninist-International, I have to
resign.

Here I stand and do not have any choice.

Johannes Schneider