> Difficult, I have to write this down as an example program and I will
> try at the weekend. But I like the PrepareXX prefix better than Initialize.

How do you like the following?

// Constructor with image/camera parameters
lfModifier (
        int width,
        int height,
        lfPixelFormat format,
        float crop,
        float focal,
        float aperture,
        float distance
);

// Prepare corrections for a certain lens
lfModifier::PrepareCorrections(
        const lfLens *lens,
        lfLensType targeom,
        float scale,