There is a center parameter in lensfun, it seems to work OK to just create a
version of the lens that I had previously calibrated the distortion parameters
then add a y value.

Hugin lens calibration will also calculate the parameter eg "d", however you
have to give it a starting point that is pretty close.  It's not intuitive, but
it seems to be in pixel units.

I think just using the lensfun with a couple of choices will be good enough,
because in practice, I won't know the precise shift values, so would be
guessing anyway.

Conceptually, should the other parameters be the same?

Sincerely yours,

Robin