On Apr 5, 3:06 pm, Terry Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A comment on the term "icon".  Really to be clear we need to say
> "user-icon" or "status-icon".  The status icon being the
> content/clone/dirty/marked indicator that Leo's had for much longer
> than it's had user-icons.
> -x-cut-x-
> I think the status-icon deserves a, um, special status, the information
> it conveys is important, and bear in mind that other interfaces might
> convey it in other ways.

Yes, I can see how confusion might arise, Terry.  I was only talking
about user-icons,
not leo's status-icon.

> So maybe bobjack's high level container thing should have
> status.marked, status.dirty, etc. attributes/methods, and while the Tk
> interface uses an icon to show those, another interface might not.

Sorry I'm afraid I don't understand what that means. Isn't it already
easy to determine the status of the node?

I guess I'm lazy, I don't want to be hassled with all those
unknownattribute whatsits.

My half formed idea is that if I once create a UserIcon object it will
a) take care of all those housekeeping chores and b) call me and ask
what image I want displaying in 'my' position ... or maybe I could
give it an image and call for a display update when I change it ...

I imagine it would be easier for cleo if you could say
p.headIcons['cleo'].setImage(...) and have everything else done for
you.

Bob