On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 3:10 AM, Ville M. Vainio <vivai...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I disabled the following setting in leoSettings.leo:
>
> @@string script_file_path = ../test/scriptFile.py
>
> I also changed the default script file to ~/.leo/scriptFile.py.
>
> This was required to make the ctrl+b work with the debian package.
>
> It's a bad idea to write relative to leo load dir, because it's a read
> only directory if leo is "installed" (debian package, setup.py) as
> opposed to just being run locally.

True.

> I guess this is one of the @settings that should probably be removed
> altogether; if a user wants to break his leo installation, he should
> at least be required to edit the source code to do that ;-)

No. One should only need to change the default of the setting. There is
nothing improper about letting users choose where to write files.  The
explanation of the setting (in the body text of the @string node) can
discuss the pros and cons.

Please restore the setting.  It's fine to change the default location to the
.leo directory.