On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 8:24 AM, tfer<tfethers...@aol.com> wrote:

> You could well be right, I've no IPC/client-server experience.  I was
> just thinking that you'd only need 4 different signals to trigger
> Leo's alt-arrow bound functions.
>
> A tighter and richer IPC would allow more automated vim buffer to body
> text read/writes, without using disk files, say, pipes between the
> programs feed by file objects rather than physical files?  I saw talk
> of this using signals to communicate when to read/write via the pipes,
> (i.e. one pipe each way.

It seems this is what dbus is meant for.

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/dbus
http://sourceforge.net/projects/windbus/

The Linux version is widely used and stable, not sure about Windows.

The current situation is a great proof of concept, but
not ready for prime time by any means.

If others are interested in Leo's editing pane being a bona fide
Vim window, it might be more efficient to pursue the inter-process
messaging approach instead of fixing what we have now.

It would be most cool if the user could select their favorite editor to
be active in the edit pane.

Thanks,
Kent