For some time I've wanted a simple way to make an running leo session
load a file from the command line, like emacs-client.

Now, thanks to Ville, I also want a way to make an running leo session
pop up a stickynote window (which would correspond to an automatically
created node which would probably use current data and time as a
headstring).

I think rather than something specific to the first case, a better
solution would be a way of sending arbitrary commands from the command
line (or where ever) to a running leo session.

This could be done by:

1. Leo checking for commands written to a file periodically on idle.
   Simple, but involves polling, which is hacky and not as responsive
   as option 2.

2. Some other option Ville or someone else is about to suggest :-)