Terry,
   I don't believe I've changed anything or even enabled any plugins.
I don't even have a myleoSettings file.
I just put the xml in the modes folder and ran the converter script

There are two limitations that I'm aware of.
The first is that haxe's multiline string literals don't highlight
right. I think I read here that this is a limitation of the colorizer.
The second is that multiline comments dont use the multiline
delimiter /* */ in derived files. but instead each line is line
commented with //.

Haxe uses only the .hx extension on files.
There are other related file, such as .mtt files that are templates
and .htxml files that are essentially command line parameters for the
compiler but they are both different syntax from the haxe language.

Phil