On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 21, 6:47 pm, Terry Brown <terry_n_br...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Hmm, the only way I'm getting it now (just pulled the trunk prior to trying)
>> is to use mouse select / drag editing.
>>
>> - Paste some paras into the body
>>
>> - Select some text with the mouse
>>
>> - click-drag the text somewhere else with the mouse
>>
>> so, I guess that particular kind of editing isn't interacting with the undo
>> system the same way other editing does.
>>
>> But undo is working, its just its recreation of the selection / insert point
>> that's missing.  So it's picking up the changes, but perhaps only as whole
>> text changes?
>>
>> Maybe, and I'm trying to be as helpful as possible here because I'm sure
>> you'll want to curse all mouse users and leave it as is :-), maybe, if I'm
>> right that this style of editing looks like atomic whole text changes to the
>> undo system, and that can't be addressed directly, and the situation can be
>> detected (one way would be that the selection is the whole text and the
>> cursor position is the beginning of the body), a best attempt at not
>> confusing the user would be to (a) not select the whole text, because it
>> never was wholly selected, and (b), move the insert point to the first
>> difference between the new and old text.

I believe the relevant code is in qtGui.py: onBodyChanged

This method appears to be properly saving the selection range and
insert point for the undo code.  The problem may be that at the time
this method is called there is no selection range at all.  At least
that's the case as I have dragged text around with the mouse.

To repeat, I have not been able to look at the movie.  Unless I can
see in detail what is going wrong I'll have to defer work on this
project.