Mother died last Friday from bone cancer at the age of 86. She had
been diagnosed only 10 days previously with stage IV cancer, so
treatment was out of the question. Our extended family came together
to keep vigil. It was a good, if not enjoyable experience.

Mother lead a full life, and had many ardent admirers. She was active
until the last three weeks of life, and had all her faculties until
the last three days. So there is little to regret in her life, and I
feel strangely calm about this whole process. Perhaps true grief will
strike later unexpectedly, but I think not.

I do feel a bit "altered".  I may do a bit more writing on my personal
blog at http://edreamleo.blogspot.com/  but I want to make sure those
personal musings don't get syndicated on Planet Python first.

I'll ease back into programming soon.  There is plenty to do...