On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 7:01 AM, zpcspm <zpc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to import a python source code file into leo via "Main menu-
>>File->Import->Import To @file".

[snip]

> As you can see, the line "m1 = method1()" landed into the second
> child.
> I want it to land into the first one, because it's related to it.

I've wanted the same thing for a long time.  For example, here is a
common pattern:

def foo():
    pass

Foo = Foo

> I can make the needed changes manually to achieve my goal.
> The changes will stay persistent (to leo restarts) as long as there
> will be "shadows" in .leo_shadow directories.
> As soon as these directories disappear (for any reason: they get
> deleted, the source code tree is replicated in another place without
> them), the @shadow tree gets refreshed automatically, and I loose the
> correct layout again.

Right.  This is an import problem, and will reappear any time an import happens.

Please create a wish-list bug for this.  There almost certainly will
be some complications, but we must start somewhere.