On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a new idea for automation, inspired by a recent comment by Terry.

Rev 3380 of the trunk implements the new make-slide-show command.  It
processes all slide nodes (direct children of p, which must be an
@slideshow node).  It creates a slide (.png file) for each slide node.
By default, if a slide has any callouts or markers, the command will
open Inkscape for editing.

This command is great for creating batches of slides.  You can touch
up individual slides with the take-screen-shot command, which again
will open Inkscape if there are any callouts or markups.

Both these commands simply call ScreenShotController.run().  Scripts
can easily call this run() method for even greater control.

Just a few options (to run) and Leo settings suffice to give pretty
complete control over the entire process. The options and filename
methods take great care to compute the best possible filenames, making
them relative to the correct places where possible.

Output files now have (sanitized) names of the form gnx-<p.h>.png,
where p is the slide node corresponding to the file.  The addition of
the headline makes clear which files correspond to which nodes.  It's
an important improvement.

I'm done for this evening.  Tomorrow I'll rewrite the
apropos-screen-shots and the plugin's module-level docstring (shown in
the plugins menu).

I don't expect much more programming will be needed.  I'll turn my
attention to the look of template files, and to the design of the
actual slide shows.