Hi,

El 06/09/09 14:01, Edward K. Ream escribió:

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Ville M. Vainio <vivai...@gmail.com <mailto:vivai...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    > 1.  Position generators are the base of the scheme.  For
    example, here
    > is a partially tested rewrite of c.allNodes_iter, called, much more
    > properly, allPositions().  These functions will eventually become

    Could we have more pythonic & shorter names for these methods that
    don't use camelCase? Something like c.walk() and c.walknodes()

I agree, it would be good to shorten and clarify names. The names of some of the new "unique" iterators are way too long.

Let me think about a scheme that will be relatively consistent across all iterators. I would like to get rid of the _iter suffix, but it's not clear that can be done cleanly.

As for camelCase, I usually prefer xY to x_y, but not always, and Leo uses both without much plan. That's not likely to change, absent a safe script for making the changes.

Referred pep says:

 Function Names

      Function names should be lowercase, with words separated by underscores
      as necessary to improve readability.

      mixedCase is allowed only in contexts where that's already the
      prevailing style (e.g. threading.py), to retain backwards compatibility.

So mixedCase could be used because is already a writing style in practice (I liked more that this_style also :) )

Cheers,

Offray