On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would appreciate it if you would try out the new code and report an
> ui issues that bother you.  Don't worry too much about speed: we both
> expect that QCompleter might help with that.

- I can't choose a completion I want without typing (I expect to be
able to navigate up/down and select the one I like)

- I type c.get and press ctrl+space. Then, I try to move left/right
with cursor keys, but can't. I can't move up/down either, I'm totally
stuck at that line

- I type c.get, ctrl + space, O. this expands to getOpenWithExt
immediately, without me explicitly selecting it (pressing Enter). This
is contrary to how autocompletion works everywhere else. I would
expect to get only one completion, getOpenWithExt, but it should not
be expanded "by force"

- I type c.frame. + ctrl+space. Not useful results.

Please don't take these examples as a suggestion to fix the existing
completer. It's now better than ever before (because you can trigger
it intuitively now, perhaps people will actually discover it), but
it's not yet the desired final state IMHO...

Ville M. Vainio @@ Forum Nokia