Install report, Windows 7 x64.
Existing pythons in C:\Python25 and C:\Python26.
Existing Leo installed in C:\ocal\apps\leo-editor, from bazaar.

License agreement page: I'd say "X/MIT style license" at the top. The
purpose of this is so people who are familiar don't need to read
through it in detail an attempt to figure out what kind of license it
is. E.g. the same as
http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/frontMatter.html#leo-s-mit-license

I accepted the defaults on all screens. Leo appeared to install ok to
`C:\Program Files (x86)`.

`C:\Users\matt\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start
Menu\Programs\Leo`  was created but is empty.

`C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Leo` exists and
contains Leo.lnk and uninstall.lnk. The former points to my bzr leo
install, C:\local\apps\Leo, the latter to the new leo, `C:\Program
Files (x86)\Leo-4.8-a1\leo`.

I then ran the uninstaller. Along with the program files folder the
Leo folder in my profile Start Menu was deleted. At first
`C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Leo` was not
altered in any observable way but a few minutes later it too
disappeared (perhaps the lag because I had the folder open in Windows
Explorer).

The file associations were not removed on uninstall:

{{{
C:\>ftype |findstr /i "leo"
LeoFile="C:\Python26\pythonw.exe" "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Leo-4.8-a1\launchLeo.py %*"

C:\>assoc LeoFile
LeoFile=Leo File
}}}

I manually removed the filetype and association, renamed the bzr-leo
folder so couldn't be found accidentally and re-ran the 4.8a1
installer. (the filetype had been set previously to bzr-leo following
the recipe in the docs).

This time the user profile Leo folder was *not* created. The
ProgramData folder was created, but only contains the Uninstall
shortcut and not the Leo shortcut. As previously reported by someone
else, my Desktop has a new Leo.lnk but it's icon is white and blank.

Using the desktop link Leo started fine. My workbook.leo file was
marked as changed even though I didn't do anything except start Leo.

I uninstalled again, and as before filetype and association remained.

Here's the startup log (after reinstalling again):

{{{
Leo Log Window
Leo 4.8 a1, build 3005, October 28, 2010
Python 2.6.4, qt version 4.6.1
Windows 6, 1, 7600, 2,
leoID=maphew (in C:\Users\matt\.leo)
load dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Leo-4.8-a1\leo\core
global config dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Leo-4.8-a1\leo\config
home dir: C:\Users\matt
reading settings in C:\Program Files (x86)\Leo-4.8-a1\leo\config\leoSettings.leo
reading settings in C:\Users\matt\.leo\myLeoSettings.leo
reading settings in C:\Users\matt\.leo\workbook.leo
}}}

Over time on this computer I've installed Leo several different ways:
manually from .zip, using the 4.7 installer, manually from bzr, and
now 4.8a1 installer. So it's entirely possible my experience won't be
replicated by many others, however now there is a record when they do.
:)

cheers,

-matt