On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 8:42 AM, Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is an @button node in LeoDocs.leo that will also show the
> formatted rST for the selected node.  At present, it works only for
> Python 2k, because it uses u"x".  Here is the corrected version:
>
>    g.app.gui.runScrolledMessageDialog(c=c, msg = g.u('rst:') + p.b)
>
> This could be expanded in the straightforward way by collecting all
> body text in the node and its descendents.  This is left as an
> exercise for the reader :-)

Thanks for reminding me about this.  I got some docutils errors when I
tried it just now, but it's probably just something dorked up on my
system.  I do think this would be very useful for some of the rst
stuff I've been experimenting with.

> It is also possible to show html code rendered as html: just put the
> html in a node whose headline starts with @html.  To edit the html,
> change @html to @@html and reselect the node.

This is nice!  It's very close to what I want, sans the wysiwyg editor
part.  Still relatively easy to put some tables or unordered lists
into a node as long you your familiar with html.  If we could somehow
merge what Ville did with stickynoter with this, it would be nearly
perfect IMO.  If I had the skills, I'd do it myself.  I'll look into
it anyway, if only to further my education...

Even as-is, this is pretty cool.  I think I can make use of it now.  A
question and a couple of issues I noticed:

Is there a keyboard shortcut (or command) to refresh the current node,
without having to move off the node and come back to refresh it?

Once you have the rendered html, you can get a cursor in the body pane
and it looks like you can edit the content.  In fact you can edit it,
but you instantly (and secretly) lose all the html tags.  if you move
off the node and come back, you'll see just the plain text without any
tags.  Fortunately undo will save the day, but it would be good IMO to
prevent editing while the rendered html is displayed, at least until
true wysiwyg editing is possible.

Also, in my test @html node, I put some text in a <h1> tag, which
gives me big bold text when rendered.  Then I move off to another,
non-html, node and I still see the text big & bold.  Can something
easily be done to revert back to my "normal" text font/size?

I realize this is not a priority for you now.  If you'd rather I
report a formal wish list/bug, so you can come back to it later, I'm
fine with that...

RobS