On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 09:59:15 -0700 (PDT)
aeromorrison <adam.morri...@sportplanedesign.com> wrote:

> I've attempted to set up the active_path plugin to work with some
> personal information management files on my computer. I am able to
> successfully view the directories and files, however, I'm struggling
> to get the active_path_ignore functionality to work. Could someone
> post a simple example of how this is done?
>
> I have an '@settings' node with a child node '@data
> active_path_ignore' in the leo file of interest. In the body of the
> @data node I have placed a couple of entries as python strings (e.g.
> 'foo') hoping that files and/or folders containing this string will be
> ignored when refreshed or reopened. I'm probably missing something
> totally simple here, but could someone lend a hand?

@settings are supposed to be doc'ed in leoSettings.leo (which you can
open from the Help menu), but they aren't always.  This one is, and
looks like this:

# regular expressions (case insensitive) for files/directories
# active_path won't list, one per line.
#
# NOTE: directory names are always wrapped in '/', so write a
# pattern to target '/.svn/' (e.g. "^/\.bzr/$"), not '.svn'.
#
# e.g.
#
#   ^/\.bzr/$    - ignore directories called '.bzr'
#   \.pyc$     -ignore files ending in '.pyc'

so chances are all you need to do is remove the quotes you have around
things.  In regular expressions . is interpreted as any character,
and you use \. to specifically match .

Cheers -Terry