On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 9:20 PM, zpcspm <zpc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. Why are there redundant values (uppercase and lowercase) in this
> setting? I know that XML tags are case sensitive, but HTML tags are
> not. Having to double each HTML tag is slightly inconvenient.

Good question.  I suspect it is a case of the code being easier to
write, but that's getting priorities backwards.

> 2. Is it possible to have an alternative value for this setting
> (commented, so it won't interfere with the default one) in
> leoSettings.leo, that would contain all HTML tags?

Sure it's possible.  Want to contribute it?

> 3. I've tried to import a file and got some warnings:
>
> warning: intermixed blanks and tabs
> warning: mismatch in leading whitespace

Hmm.  xml/html need not be "strict" languages from the importer's
point of view: that is, whitespace can generally be ignored between
language constructs.  I'll look into this.

> 4. The import algorithm for HTML doesn't seem to be perfect. For
> instance, I have a <div> node with the following body:
>
> </TD></TR><TR><TD class="disclaimer"><div align="center">(as of the
> previous business day)</div>
>
> This looks wrong.

I see the problem: at present, matching the TD and TR tags would
requiring putting them on the list of known tags, but that would
create nodes for them, and you might not want that.

I'll have to think about this "pairing" problem...

Thanks for these comments--they are helpful.