Hi,

I have been using Leo 4.7 with Python 2.x for years mainly because my
laptop was a bit too slow to handle the newer versions of Leo (but Leo 4.7
worked pretty well on it). Now I just bought a new laptop and decided to
give the new Leo a try. I have now Leo 4.10 and the speed is very
satisfactory on the new laptop. However it seems to break the print
formatting that worked on Leo 4.7. More specifically:
I use g.redirectStdout to redirect the stdout of my Python codes to the log
pane. That way I can use the script-button to promote my run scripts and
see the output of my Python code in the log pane. In Leo 4.7 everything
worked perfectly just like how I would expect from the Python code. In 4.10
I seem to be getting line breaks inserted after each item in the print
statement: that is "print a, b, c" would insert line breaks after a and b
instead of a single space as one should expect. "print (a, b, c)" works
correctly but has the unwanted parentheses.
Also in 4.7 the log pane used monospace fonts so one can print out a table
nicely using Python print formatting but in 4.10 the log pane seems to
default to a proportional font.

I am obviously very out-of-date with regard to Leo development. I would
really appreciate some pointers on how to resolve this so I can stay with
4.10 instead of reverting to 4.7.

In addition I noticed that double clicking on a Leo file in my new
installation brings up a new workbook instead of opening the existing file.
I have to additionally do File->Open to open the file I wanted. In 4.7 I
was able to double click and open a file.

Thanks for any help,

F.S.