Might this work:

a new top level menu: 'Extensions'

Entries in this menu would refer to scripts which did all
the behind the scene work required to enable a feature,
with a small tutorial to boot.

It might even find myLeoSettings.leo, insert the required nodes
and prompt for restarting the file, IE: mechanize what the user
needs to do.

Or some other scheme to minimize the extraneous cognitive load.*

Thanks,
Kent

* see 2:20 of http://pyvideo.org/video/1744/teaching-with-the-ipython-notebook

3 kinds of cognitive load: