It sounds like there is no time like the present to really delve into and
master static web generation:

*Huge attack on WordPress sites could spawn never-before-seen super botnet.
Ongoing attack from >90,000 computers is creating a strain on Web hosts,
too.
*
http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/04/huge-attack-on-wordpress-sites-could-spawn-never-before-seen-super-botnet/

*Exclusive: Ongoing malware attack targeting Apache hijacks 20,000 sites.
Mysterious "Darkleech" exposes visitors to potent malware exploits.
*
http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/04/exclusive-ongoing-malware-attack-targeting-apache-hijacks-20000-sites/
*
*
I received the ArsTechnica newsletter with the above stories in my mailbox
in the same 5 minute window that Google Webmaster Tools informed me that
one of our websites for my work has likely been compromised. No, it's not
running Wordpress, but it is running a blog-style php platform that is
several versions behind current because I didn't want to break the site
while trying to upgrade a system I don't understand. Now this particular
bit of procrastination has turned into a bite!

-matt